Little Green Meanies
All over the restaurant where I work, we have signs for our cooks. WEAR GLOVES WHEN HANDLING FOOD. Also dozens of signs that tell them to wash their hands frequently. This actually happens very regularly and our inspection scores are in the top 10% in Austin. Something we are proud of. Anyways, during a rush the other day an hourly BBQ cashier was told to chop some Jalapenos real quick since we were running low. He remembered to put on his cutting glove (similar to shark diving suits) but forgot to put on a latex glove for the other hand. After dicing between 10-20 Jalapenos and removing all the hot seeds with his fingers he delivered them to the line and then took a break.
His first stop was the bathroom.
Take a second to let that soak in.
......
Got it? Good.
Long story short, we had to send him home.
Moral of the story: Don't handle Jalapenos and their seeds with your bare hands and then touch very delicate parts of your body.

3 Comments:
I guess that is a mistake that he will only make once.
Oh Cal, I miss you! Have a blessed day!
I nearly shat myself when I read that blog. Reminds me of "Something for Nothing," if you know what I mean...
Post a Comment
<< Home