Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Gooooood Morning Vietnaaaam!!!!!

I am quoting one of my favorite old movies with Robin Williams where he plays a disc jockey during the Vietnam war to help brighten things up a bit. Obviously he had it easy because The Vietnam War was such a bright and cheerful happy war. I am awake at 5:17 in the morning full of energy for maybe the first time in my entire life because I'm about to go to work to be trained as a Restaurant Manager. It's freakin awesome! It gets even better! After this week, I start at 5 in the morning so I'll be posting even earlier than this.

My good friend Joel Weckerly came in town this weekend to visit and I just wanted to post a few things I learned from him over the course of his stay.

1) It's never a bad time for dirty words or jokes about my mom.
2) If you are on vacation it is absolutely necessary to never help with anything whatsoever.
3) Always mooch off of somebody that can cook, this way you'll never go hungry and you never have to get off the couch.
4) Talk smack about being your own man only after being given permission by your girlfriend.
5) Do your best not to fraternize with any of your hosts' new church friends, that way you never have to be charming or remember more peoples names.

Joel, we love you buddy and your stay was quite enjoyable. Please return soon so that I can learn from you Obi-Wan and I will be your Padiwan student.
Peace out Cal

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel Weckerly said...

You forgot #6: Impart valuable wisdom to Hise that he will promptly soak up and then dispose of.

10:27 AM, January 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home